2016 year in review
For my blog, inspiration seemed to be the general theme of my posts this year which included: people’s rights, the work I do, music, governance, product design, and people. Along with trying to better understand my motivators.
And here is my roundup of favorite things I enjoyed for the year:
- Movies – My faves of the ones I watched and rewatched this year are: Spotlight, Black Mass, Zootopia, A Clockwork Orange, The Martian, Chuck Norris Vs Communism, Spring, Martin, Repo Man, This Must Be the Place, Scream Blacula, Scream, Glengarry Glen Ross, Look, Back to the Future.
- TV shows – Some great shows this year, especially Black Mirror, and all the seasons of Homeland. Definitely add those to your Netflix and Hulu queues.
- Books – Didn’t get to read many books this year, but How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big: Kind of the Story of My Life by Scott Adams of Dilbert fame was a good one.
- Videogames – The ABC Murders on the iPad Mini was a fun play through as was Tormentum. And Civilization VI on my Mac which I’ve recently been playing is good. And I’m in the middle of Obduction on my Mac which I’ve been enjoying so far.
- Comics – Got some more comic book reading in this year than last year. I’ve been regularly reading issues of the Back to the Future series. The Walking Dead Compendium 3 with the Negan storyline was pretty good. I’m also enjoying the Think Tank series (up to issue 9 so far). And Brian Michael Bendis’s Guardians of the Galaxy (collected in trades 1-4) were a fun read too.
- Live shows – Somehow managed to see a good amount of shows this year: Piff the Magic Dragon who I saw just a couple of weeks ago. I also enjoyed Emo Philips who I saw earlier in the year. Then there was Bob Dylan. And of course, all the great performances during ScoopFest.
The complete list is on my Faves section.
To keep track of the stuff I enjoy, I use a basic mobile web form I developed. My goal for 2017 is to release a full-blown app version (developed by a real programmer). I’m calling it LogStuff. If you’re interested in keeping track of your own stuff, you can sign up to be notified when it launches at logstuffapp.com.
If you want to log your own favorites, check out the LogStuff app.
Copy and share: ovidem.com/blog/2016-year-in-review/
Categories: Art & Design